Food is Love
Chefs and food industry people from West Michigan share 28 recipes that they make at home in this e-collection. Cookies to cocktails, soups to pasta, and lots of creative comfort food recipes are here for you to make and enjoy. Each Chef's dish has a photograph by Jeff Hage of Green Frog Photo so you can see what you're preparing. And you will be helping. The proceeds from your purchase will go to assist their coworkers that are struggling. Let us share our love language with you.
Some of our chefs
"Restaurare", meaning "to renew" in Latin
Restaurants and bars are an integral part of our society. Now they are more than just a place to be fed and “renewed.” They have become places to meet friends, do business, and explore new cultures. They have become our second homes. We have grown to rely on them and the people that own and staff them. Those people have become our friends.
If you have ever worked in a restaurant, in any capacity, you know that the members of the staff become family. We look out for each other. We care for each other. Chefs At Home is a way for us to support them. It’s a way to give back to those that nurture and serve us. It’s our chance to enjoy the food language of love, and to renew them.
If you are looking for other options for helping the restaurant industry...
*The Ferdinand Metz / American Culinary Federation (ACF) Relief Fund https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/the-ferdinand-metz-american-culinary-federation-acf-relief-fund
* National Restaurant Association Restaurant Employee Relief Fund – offering a $500 grant for all restaurant employees. Check with your state restaurant association for additional grant opportunities. https://rerf.us/apply-for-aid/
* Restaurant Opportunities Center United – offering grants for all restaurant workers. https://rocunited.org/relief/
* Another Round, Another Rally – offering a $500 grants for all restaurant workers. https://anotherroundanotherrally.org/?fbclid=IwAR2NYl5YUCDvpIjCYRjxzvxaoMrYOLW3DWANoQKDJEKZT-yFf6x2OsCXias
* CORE (Children of Restaurant Employees) – grants for families in the hospitality industry. https://coregives.typeform.com/to/SnZmOQ
* One Hope – offering grants to mothers in the hospitality industry. https://onehopewine8.typeform.com/to/gtGsV7?fbclid=IwAR10vdfDtR7ofcbFT1RIE9RmAJirKlK7iZ8MKqByqI3GtJOn5-P8lK0-hzM
* Modest Needs – crowd-funded donation service for all restaurant workers. https://www.modestneeds.org/for-applicants/apply-for-help.asp